“I give thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength for my work. I thank him for considering me worthy and appointing me to serve him.” 1 Timothy 1:12
You may be renewing your membership for 2020 or holding membership drives to recruit new members at this time. Remember, membership in the League is a gift you give yourself. Why not let others share in this gift by reminding them with your personal experience with the League?
Invite every women in your parish community to become a member of The Catholic Women’s League of Canada. Ask them to share their God-given gifts with us as we try to effect change in our parish, our community, our country and in the world.
Each council president was sent information regarding annual reports. The deadline for submitting reports on paper is December 15, 2019. The reports will be available online at “Snap Surveys”.
- The surveys are new with more space for open-ended questions
- Clear instructions were given along with the process for saving, printing and submitting the surveys
- A datalink is used to fill in some of the basic information, so that once the member enter the council code, the first four questions are automatically populated in the survey (council code, council name, town, reporting line)
- If you encounter difficulty with the logic of the questions (e.g. cannot skip where not applicable), please inform National office immediately and they will address your issue.
- The deadline for completion of online reporting is January 15, 2020.
- A copy of the annual report instructions sent from National is attached to this directive.
Please continue to send me updated lists of executive members, especially those councils who may be having an election in January 2020. A new online fill in form can be found on our website – complete form online. A printable form that you can fill in manually and send to me by mail can also be found on the website, under the resource tab.
I encourage all members to nominate themselves and other members of their council for leadership positions. It is a wonderful opportunity to work as a team, to share in your love of the League and to help support members as they serve the Lord.
If you have any questions/concerns please contact me at my new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle McNeil-Hessian, National Past President wrote a poem of the value of membership in the League:
M – Mary, Mother of Jesus and our model
E – Executives that lead with enthusiasm
M – Mentors, sisters who shares their stories
B – Belonging to a sisterhood
E – Eager new members willing to lend a hand
R – Resolutions, the heart of the League
S – Spiritual growth and sharing with others
H – Harmony as members work together
I – Inclusive, covering all the provinces
P – Participation in all that the League offers
—“The Canadian League” Volume 83/No. 1/Winter 2007
May we follow in the footsteps of Mary…as we travel this road together!